GIBB Africa Ltd is registered as a “Firm of Lead Experts” with the National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) in Kenya. The Firm has also been registered / authorised in the past to provide environmental and social services in Tanzania, Malawi, Ghana, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Ethiopia, Southern Sudan, Cameroun and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
We offer services in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of environmental and social safeguards systems in various sectors with mandates in socio-economic development.
These services provided are outlined in the following broad categories:
- Environmental Permitting and Licensing of facility and infrastructure development projects, plans and programs: This included preparation of environmental and social safeguard documents required as a pre-requisite to provision of funding for projects by local, international public and private sector investors or International Finance Institutions (IFIs);
- Environmental and Social Management Systems: This included preparation of documentation for proposed environmental and social programs that are required to demonstrate compliance to and safeguard resources for implementation of company environmental and social sustainability policies.
In the last ten years, we have provided environment and social services in the sectors listed below.
- Transportation: Roads, Railways, Airports
- Water and Sanitation;
- Power Generation and Transmission: Geothermal, Wind, Solar, Mini-hydro;
- Petroleum industry (Bulk Storage, transportation and retail);
- Hospitality industry;
- Commercial Buildings;
- Land Use Planning - Master Planning
Our Experience Covers
- Environmental impact assessments and audits;
- Initial Environmental Audit Studies
- Environmental monitoring and mitigation planning;
- Environmental policy and regulatory analysis;
- Strategic Environmental Assessments;
- Environmental training programmes;
- Environmental Health and Safety Audits;
- Due diligence audits;
- Socio-economic surveys;
- Stakeholder engagement programs
- Environmental Health and Safety Monitoring;
- Air emissions monitoring and air pollution modelling;
- Asbestos consulting;
- Contamination assessments, pollution control and prevention design;
- Environmental economics;
- Groundwater and contamination modelling;
- Groundwater pollution management;
- Industrial hygiene and occupational health and safety services;
- Noise and vibration assessments;
- Waste management and minimisation;
- Environmental health and safety training.